Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy as a Lark!


Excited to have a challenge ahead of me. been brainstorming all day. here is my color palette. 



 This is my first week. I hope to have patterns and materials for at least one project by next week Friday. But for now this is what I've been up to..


Hurricane survival pillows. perfect size for travel. made from Egyptian cotton pillowcase, cotton lining, batting from "flat" pillow. sewn with love. 

This was my fortune today. just what I needed to hear. Thank you God for reassuring me..

Side note: I actually do have a buttonhole foot, but for some reason it just wasn't happening, so i just zigzag one in there.. they're suppose to look that way - eclectic. 

And last but certainly not least the muslin bodice for my black and blue bomb. washing the fashion fabrics tomorrow. 



I'm looking forward to this weekend. We're celebrating with Shrimp Po'r boys and hush puppies. Beach food my favorite. This is the weather forecast for our weekend on the island.. 



This is the expected precipitation forecast for Tropical Depression 13. Finally some relief from the blazing heat.
Well I believe that's it for now I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I know I will!

What are your plans for the weekend? 


Are you sewing anything fun for Autumn?

Its never too early to think about Christmas gifts.. Make something from your heart this year! 


1 comment:

  1. I love Design Seeds!!! The little pictures that go with the palettes are the best. I could spend hours just going through palettes on that site.
    Your doing well with your bombshell....how about I havent even taped it together yet:(

    ReplyDelete