Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Me and my sewing machine

Me and my sewing machine. My husband got me a new sewing machine for Christmas two years ago when my not too old Singer 3116 was stolen along with ALL of my sewing "stuff". Including the cutest little sewing basket Ever!! it had a '60's vibe goin' on with the pattern on it. I miss that thing. It could hold So much "stuff". Anyway My darling got me a Brother CE-5000 PRW and its taken me quite a bit to warm up to it. I mean don't get me wrong its pretty sweet. That guy has like 50 different stitches.. mostly the pretty kind with leaves and even a Greek design, 5 different button hole designs and all in all its pretty snazzy. and fairly easy to use. So why has it taken me so long to whip up some fancy.. well Anything?? Space. and not the final frontier, but a sewing space. A nice home for my Brother and all those bits and bobs I've "re-stocked" over the past 2 years. Finally last weekend my Hubby does it again saving the day and all, moves all his "work" stuff out and sets up a nice little sewing corner for his sweetbird! YAY!! Sew now with newly acquired Space,  its time for me to spread my little wings and let my imagination fly!

5 comments: